East Bank of the Ouse
The Wesleyan Methodist Church was the name given to the majority methodist movement in Great Britain. The word Wesleyan was added to differentiate it from the Welsh Calvinistic Methodists and from the Primatives who separated from the Wesleyans in 1807.
The Weslayan Methodist Chapel in Ten Mile Bank was located on the East bank of the Ouse, opposite Ship Load Farm (recently known as Cherry Tree Farm). It was within the Norwich and Lynn district, and belonged to the Downham Circuit.
The Weslayan statistical returns for 1873 lists 13 chapels (a) and 4 other places of worship (b) in the Downham Circuit. Ten Mile Bank is not mentioned but listed between Black Horse Drove and Hilgay there is a place described as River Bank, seating 100 persons. This could be a reference to Ten Mile Bank Weslayan Methodist Chapel.
White's directory of 1883 states the Weslayan chapel near Ten Mile Bank was erected in 1878 in place of an old wood one at the cost of £300.